Protect Your Hearing for the Long Term with Ear Plugs for Loud Music
Whether you are a regular concertgoer, a member of a rock band or even a music teacher in a school system, you should think about investing in ear plugs for loud music. At Hearsafe Australia, we are proud to carry a range of earplugs for audio engineers, guitar players, drummers and more.
Tips Regarding Ear Plugs for Loud Music
If you are in the market for hearing protection for loud music environments and situations, keep these tips in mind to orient your shopping process:
- Know what constitutes ‘loud’: Most hearing experts would tell you that the definition of ‘loud’ is around 85 decibels. Prolonged exposure to music (or other noise) at or above 85 decibels can cause gradual hearing loss. Even brief exposure to slightly louder music or sounds (around 100 decibels) can damage hearing permanently.
- Be ready for loud situations: Have you ever noticed professional musicians at concerts wearing headphones? Contrary to popular belief, most musicians—especially those involved in pop or rock music—do use headphones — noise levels at the average rock concert land between 100 and 120 decibels. At 110 decibels, just a couple minutes of exposure can cause permanent hearing damage. If you are going to a concert, in other words, bring a pair of earplugs to protect yourself.
- Use the right types of earplugs: At Hearsafe Australia, we pride ourselves on making some of the finest professional musician earplugs on the market. Solid foam earplugs might block sound, but they aren’t suitable for vocalists, guitarists, bassists, drummers or other musicians that need to be able to hear themselves sing or play while also protecting their ears. Our earplugs maintain sound quality while blocking out enough noise to ensure hearing protection.
Problems Hearsafe Australia Addresses
Finding the right ear protection for sound engineers or musicians isn’t always easy. These product types are specialised and aimed at a specific niche, which means you won’t find them at just any store. Here are a few common problems of this ilk that Hearsafe Australia helps address:
- A limited selection of earplugs: We know better than anyone that not all earplugs are the same. Different earplug designs are essential for different situations. The earplugs you’d want for playing live music aren’t the same as the ones you’d want for working in a loud factory. We have a comprehensive selection of plugs to make sure our customers can always find what they need in terms of hearing protection.
- Sub-par fit and comfort: Earplugs can be extremely uncomfortable. Furthermore, if you can’t find a set of plugs that fit your ears properly, those plugs aren’t going to protect your ears properly. We solve these problems by working with audiologists to take ear impressions of our customers. From there, we craft custom moulded earplugs to fit your ears perfectly.
- Challenges finding quality earplugs where you live: We ship orders to all parts of Australia, to make sure you can get the right earplugs no matter where you live.